WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Slowly, But Surely

I've been bouncing back and forth between various projects. I've got the Skaven for the campaign (yes it's still alive!), the new Undead Legion models, and various commission work, including some terrain that might get to see the light of day in the coming months.
 

Nagash

Believe it or not, I actually thought that I could have this model finished by the end of October. The basic assembly is finished, but I decided to go all in and turn the spirits into pillars of flame bearing him aloft. It's been a slow process because the putty needs time to cure between applications and I can't cook it under a heat lamp because the plastic will warp. The flames are finished and attached to the base. Next up is adding the basing details (nothing as complicated as the Terrorgheist this time!) and the Nine books of Nagash.

 



 

Space Hulk Terminators: Brother Noctis


I'm still on target for my New Year's resolution of finishing one of these every month. My goal is to replace any removed Blood Angels detail with Black Templars iconography so the models don't lose any of their intricacy. I have finished the sculpting and the model is primed, waiting for paint.

 


 

To be able to use this model in a 40K army, I've magnetized the feet and prepared a base for him. I'll eventually make some square bases so he can be ported back into a Space Hulk game.





 

Plague Claw Catapult


I took an evening to knock out the crew for the warmachine. They are all pinned onto the catapult frame, but not glued, so I can remove them as casualties as the machine takes damage.

 





 

Tomb Prince Selketta and his Necrotic Colossus are still on my painting table as well, along with a ton of Skaven Plague Monks. A box of Skaven Stormfiends are in the mail as well. It never ends...


'Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy!! Really love those flames you sculpted for Naggash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the crew for the PCC! Although of no consequence to the army as a whole, the crew are actually some of my favorite models, as they add a lot of character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious about the magnetized basing for your terminator. Did you just put a piece of metal sheeting inside the cavity of the base, and ensure that the magnets protrude from the feet of the terminator only enough to accommodate the thickness of your basing material and the top of the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 4 rare earth magnets– two on the base and two in the feet. The magnets protrude from the feet because they are too tall to sink in all the way (the magnet would pop through the top of the one foot otherwise). I matched the spots on the base and drilled holes for the other magnets and then added the sand around the holes. Then I positioned the model with its feet magnets sunk through the holes in the sand and I attached the base magnets through the bottom so they meet at the correct depth. It was a bit of an experiment. I'll try to show the process on next month's Terminator.

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.